On this page you can find help regarding any concerns that you may have, relating to the current events surrounding coronavirus. This includes help that is currently being offered by Kent County Council, as well as a document, containing advice for parents and carers.
Kent Community Support
Due to school closures relating to the coronavirus, for a limited period of time Kent Educational Psychology Service are offering free consultations via video/phone call for 30 minutes, where parents/carers can talk to an educational psychologist. The aim of this service is to provide advice and guidance to support children’s wellbeing and learning during the time of school closures.
Topics or areas that you may wish to discuss could include:
· Anxiety around the current situation and its impact on your children and family.
· Supporting your children’s emotional needs.
· Concerns about family relationships.
· Concerns about friendships, learning, daily structure and sleep routines.
· How you can best look after yourself to support your children.
· Preparing for the transition back to school.
If you would like to make use of this service, please contact: email@example.com. When you e-mail, please give:
- your name;
- phone number;
- the time of day that would be most convenient to be called back (i.e. morning, afternoon, early evening);
- a brief description of what you wish to discuss.
We will do our best to respond within two working days but this may be subject to availability.
You may also find the following organisations helpful at this time:
· Contact- Free helpline and website for families
0808 808 3555
· Mind UK- Charity supporting mental health
· Family Action- Free helpline for families
0808 802 6666
· Kooth- Counselling app for young people
· The Samaritans
· Young minds parent helpline
0808 802 5544
· National Autistic Helpline
0808 800 4104