Sixth Form Dress Code for Young Women
Young women in our Sixth Form must wear one the of the following for school every day:
- A skirt or trouser suit with a blouse
- A top and tailored skirt or tailored trousers (jeans and leggings are not acceptable)
- A dress that is appropriate for ‘office wear’
- Leather or synthetic leather shoes/boots with a heel of no more that 5 cm/2 inches (no train-ers or Converse, deck shoes)
Young women should also note the following:
- Tops and blouses must not be ‘low cut’
- Skirts must be ‘more or less’ knee-length
Any clothing should not expose or make visible:
- Shoulders (‘sleeveless’ garments are permitted as per photographs)
- Trainers , canvas style shoes (e.g. Converse) or other forms of casual shoes are not acceptable for school.
Young women in our Sixth Form must have hair that is a single, natural occurring, colour. Any ‘highlights’ will be subtle and not con-trasting.
Examples of unacceptable hair colouring below:
Example of accetable hair colouring:
Young women in our Sixth Form are permitted to wear a reasonable (at the discretion of form tutor, Head of Year, Head of Sixth Form etc.) number of ear piercings. Discreet (at the discretion of form tutor, Head of Year, Head of Sixth Form etc.) nasal piercings are permitted in a single nostril. Nasal septum piercings are not permitted.
- Clear plastic ‘retainers’ must be worn in place of any ex-isting piercings.
- Ear ‘spacers’ or solid ‘retainers’ for ‘spaced’ ear lobes are not acceptable.
- Visible body piercings or ‘skin divers’ are not acceptable.
Examples of unacceptable piercings:
Examples of acceptable piercings:
NOTE: In terms of both young men and women, no peri-ods of ‘grace’ will be granted in terms of having to wear jewellery for a fixed period of time after any new visible piercings are obtained. Only clear ‘retainers’ will be al-lowed. If students are planning to get a piercing, they should carefully consider the timing of this choice to avoid potentially wasting their money and/or dis-rupting their education.
Without exception tattoos should not be visible at school and must be covered up completely by clothing.
- Without exception, tattoos should not be visible at school and must be covered up completely by clothing.
Any form of headwear, coats and scarfs are not permitted to be worn in the school building at any time.