Young Men Dress Code
Young men in our Sixth Form must wear the following for school every day:
- A two or three piece tailored suit or a combination of jacket (blazer) and tailored trousers. (no jeans, cargo pants or short trousers)
- A formal shirt
- A tie
- Dark coloured socks (no white or ‘novelty’ socks)
- Dark coloured leather or synthetic leather shoes (no trainers, Converse or deck shoes)
- A ‘V neck’ collared pullover may be worn underneath a jacket/blazer with a tie during colder weather. A jacket must be worn over the pullover at all times. Jumpers are not to be worn to assembly and Blazer Jackets must be worn in school at all times, apart from in the summer months at the Head teachers’ discretion.
Things that are not acceptable:
- Trainers , canvas style shoes (e.g. Converse) or other forms of casual shoes are not acceptable for school.
- Pullovers/jumpers with other collar types are not acceptable.
- Turtle’ or ‘Roll Neck’ jumpers are not acceptable for school.
To be appropriate in Sixth Form, men's hair styles should be of an appropriate length for their hair type. i.e. Hair should certainly not be shaved bald completely and/or in part (e.g. skin fades, tramlines and so on). If you are unsure about whether your new hairstyle will be acceptable or not, please speak to your Form Tutor before you visit the barber.
Any facial hair must be well-groomed and not appear unkempt.
- Young men in our Sixth Form are not permitted to wear any visible piercing jewellery at school. This includes piercings in any part of the ears or nose.
- Clear plastic ‘retainers’ must be worn in place of any existing piercings.
- Ear ‘spacers’ or solid ‘retainers’ for ‘spaced’ ear lobes are not acceptable.
NOTE: In terms of both young men and women, no periods of ‘grace’ will be granted in terms of having to wear jewellery for a fixed period of time after any new visible piercings are obtained. Only clear ‘retainers’ will be allowed. If students are planning to get a piercing, they should carefully consider the timing of this choice to avoid potentially wasting their money and/or disrupting their education.
Without exception tattoos should not be visible at school and must be covered up completely by clothing.
- Any form of headwear, coats and scarfs are not permitted to be worn in the school building at any time.