LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Required for September 2021
37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days
Kent Range 3 (£15,850 actual starting salary)
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and committed professional to join our enthusiastic and supportive team. The successful candidate will provide a high standard of support and will need to be able to plan, deliver and monitor learning opportunities to meet the needs of both individual children and groups of children.
You will need to be an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individual who:
- is passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all.
- has experience of working with children with special educational needs.
- has excellent communication skills to establish positive home/school relationships.
- has a helpful, caring and understanding nature.
- has proficient skills in literacy and numeracy.
- has the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to:
- Work with an individual or with small groups of children.
- Support children with their additional personal needs whilst implementing planned learning activities/programmes.
- Show initiative and flexibility.
- Build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
If you would like any further information or would like to arrange a tour of the school, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Operations Manager, Mrs Lynn O’Neill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 25th June
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 28th June
St John's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.