Young Women Dress Code
Young women in our Sixth Form must wear one the of the following for school every day:
- A blazer jacket/suit jacket which includes a collar (colour can be students’ choice) MUST be worn everyday unless advised by the Head Teacher during the summer months.
- A trouser suit with a blouse (jeans and leggings are not acceptable)
- A tailored skirt with a blouse and suit jacket.
- A dress that is appropriate for ‘office wear’ with a jacket.
- Leather or synthetic leather shoes/boots with a heel of no more than 5 cm/2 inches (no trainers or Converse, deck shoes)
Any clothing should not expose or make visible:
- Shoulders (‘sleeveless’ garments are permitted as per photographs)
Young women should also note the following:
- Tops and blouses must not be ‘low cut’
- Skirts must be knee-length
- Trainers, canvas style shoes (e.g. Converse) or other forms of casual shoes are not acceptable for school.
Young women in our Sixth Form must have hair that is a single, natural occurring, colour. Any ‘highlights’ will be subtle and not contrasting.
Examples of unacceptable hair colouring below:
Example of accetable hair colouring:
Young women in our Sixth Form are permitted to wear a pair of studs with regards to ear piercings. A discreet (and at the discretion of the form tutor and Head of Year) nasal piercing is permitted in a single nostril. Nasal septum piercings are not permitted.
- Clear plastic ‘retainers’ must be worn in place of any existing piercings.
- Ear ‘spacers’ or solid ‘retainers’ for ‘spaced’ ear lobes are not acceptable.
- Visible body piercings or ‘skin divers’ are not acceptable.
Examples of unacceptable piercings:
Examples of acceptable piercings:
NOTE: In terms of both young men and women, no periods of ‘grace’ will be granted in terms of having to wear jewellery for a fixed period of time after any new visible piercings are obtained. Only clear ‘retainers’ will be allowed. If students are planning to get a piercing, they should carefully consider the timing of this choice to avoid potentially wasting their money and/or disrupting their education.
Without exception tattoos should not be visible at school and must be covered up completely by clothing.
- Any form of headwear, coats and scarfs are not permitted to be worn in the school building at any time.